Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rent1 month late eviction notice

Posted by Israel on October 17, 1998 at 21:06:56:

In Reply to: rent1 month late eviction notice posted by Sean Baker on October 17, 1998 at 09:08:04:

Don't worry about it. If you are paid up as of the court date nothing would happen. JUST make sure you keep all recent and future rent recipts. Show them to the Judge IF you go to court.
A lot of landlords are assholes when it comes to rent... But when it comes to repairs you can't find them. maybe you should request some repairs and when you see the Judge state you requested repairs and nothing happened. The Judge will order you to pay the rent, but this is a good chance to get your lanlord to promise in front of a Judge to repair the apartment. In which case you can reopen his case and state he promised to make repairs and didn't.

: I have a question, I recived a letter from my landlord on thursday stating that i owed them this months rent and a month of past due rent.
: (this was october 15) the letter stated that I pay the amount in full by OCTOBER 16 or move out!
: I had mailed in this months rent ont the second and when i talked to them they said that they had recived it but the letter but still the
: over due of one month said they would take legal action on Monday...Is this right??? can they do that??
: I had recived no notice that I hgad missed a payment... nad then this? can they do this to me?..
: even if it was one month late can they kick me out?...and they said that the missing payment was...AUGUST!
: ...but what about the past month?..I've lived here for 2 years and have been on time every month..I'm in the progress of checking with my bank
: I can't imagine being a month late, but even if i was a month late can the do this to me..send me a certified letter written by a lawyer for one month rent??
: any sugestions helpfull, thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name