Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Security Deposit

Posted by A desperate tenant needs help, please reply ASAP. on September 18, 1998 at 11:04:12:

In Reply to: Security Deposit posted by A tenant on September 16, 1998 at 20:42:50:

: My nephew just moved out of a NYC apartment 1 month ago and still not receive the security deposit from the landlord. I have left 2 phone msges to the landlord but with no response. My question is how many days after we moved out the landlord suppose to return the security deposit? It seems to me that he is trying to ignore us due to previous argument.(please see message posted on 7/23/98 by Emily Shieh - landlord is unreasonable, he threatened to sue me when the incident happened, but later on I found out he fired the super and did not bring up the issue again except protested on the back of rental check that I have not right to deduct the money from the rent). Can I sue him if I'm not the person signed the lease with him (I amd the guarantor to my nephew and most of the time I am the one contacted the super/landlord). Need your advice desperately. Please reply. Thanks a lot.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name