Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Facing Eviction,Desperately need info asap!!

Posted by santa on September 17, 1998 at 23:41:30:

In Reply to: Facing Eviction,Desperately need info asap!! posted by Kathy on September 17, 1998 at 03:25:35:

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. You need to speak with your social worker, at the dep't of social services that is providing the emergency rent.. if you are not satisfied with the responses to the questions
you ask regarding the help offered then speak with a supervisor all the way up to the director of the agency..take names..take notes and let them see you are taking names and notes..but take the info in a very friendly way..
you should be entitled to way more than one month's rent for a single mom taking care of everything.. I say that you get more than rent but also help with food and clothing as well..we have plenty of money for bombers and atomic bombs and we have enough money to feed ,clothe and house those in need of help..the fact that you have a place already makes it easier for the state to help you..don't depair..keep your chin up..and keep punching... but don't punch the people at the dep't of social services...
also you may want to find out who your political hacks are and contact all of them by mail and phone..they can push some big buttons for you...
don't worry..just go at this thing in a clear methodical order..good luck !!
keep me posted..
SANTA

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name