Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Damaging Tenant (2)

Posted by Kristin on September 17, 1998 at 18:11:47:

In Reply to: Re: Damaging Tenant posted by Rplaster@hotmail.com on September 17, 1998 at 00:31:01:

: : I have been told that my tenant is destroying my home, which she is renting from me. Also, they have 2 dogs and a cat, which is not in the lease. Can you please tell me the most effective and less expensive way to get them out. I live out of state and will be going to visit the place in about a week...SO I guess I also need the fastest way to get them out. There are dog dropping on the floor blinds and curtains are broken, etc..etc... Should I kick them out without going through the court system and take a chance that they might sue me?????? Or would it be in my best interest to go through the courts.....???? I JUST DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TIME THOUGH....tHANK YOU...

: If you don't go through the court system you are runing a major risk. You MUST give at least 30 days and i think most states require 60 for an eviction. IF you TRY to kick them out
: THEY DON"T HAVE TO LEAVE and probably will not leave. Break their lease, give them the 30 days to find a new place. I'd suggest you MAKE the time to do this properly because if you
: don't you're going to be up shit creek with out a paddle. You'll be foreced to use the courts to evict them and that can take FOREVER adn mean while they can continue to destry your property.
: Best wait it out and sue for damages later if necessary..

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name