Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Damaging Tenant

Posted by Rplaster@hotmail.com on September 17, 1998 at 00:31:01:

In Reply to: Damaging Tenant posted by Kristin on September 16, 1998 at 16:31:14:

: I have been told that my tenant is destroying my home, which she is renting from me. Also, they have 2 dogs and a cat, which is not in the lease. Can you please tell me the most effective and less expensive way to get them out. I live out of state and will be going to visit the place in about a week...SO I guess I also need the fastest way to get them out. There are dog dropping on the floor blinds and curtains are broken, etc..etc... Should I kick them out without going through the court system and take a chance that they might sue me?????? Or would it be in my best interest to go through the courts.....???? I JUST DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TIME THOUGH....tHANK YOU...

If you don't go through the court system you are runing a major risk. You MUST give at least 30 days and i think most states require 60 for an eviction. IF you TRY to kick them out
THEY DON"T HAVE TO LEAVE and probably will not leave. Break their lease, give them the 30 days to find a new place. I'd suggest you MAKE the time to do this properly because if you
don't you're going to be up shit creek with out a paddle. You'll be foreced to use the courts to evict them and that can take FOREVER adn mean while they can continue to destry your property.
Best wait it out and sue for damages later if necessary..

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name