Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: RE: UPDATE to bad roommate.... hello Bill ???

Posted by Linda Garthsi on September 16, 1998 at 14:51:17:

In Reply to: Re: RE: UPDATE to bad roommate.... hello Bill ??? posted by Bill Sender on September 16, 1998 at 12:21:35:

I hired a lawyer, who is a major landlord/tenant atty in NYC.
When I told him about what happened in my apartment and what you said about criminal charges, he laughed so hard that I thought he was going to have a heart attack!!

He explained to me that there are NO CRIMINAL CHARGES related to
my situation. However, he said that criminal charges should be filed against those who advise that you will have criminal charges filed if caught in a situation as mine!! He is practicing law for 30 years in landlord/tenant
area and knows EVERY LAW there is..He told me that if I was renting to her in a separate unit with it's own private entrance, then I would have to take her to court to remove her but in my case with the situation as it was, that I did the RIGHT thing period. He was quite pleased with what I did.

There are no criminal charges when faced with a situation like I had.
But you Bill should keep a tenant in your apartment and take video of them and post it on the net anonymously. Only a fool would do that. I am not a fool.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name