Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noise at rented home

Posted by Joel Smith on September 01, 1998 at 14:06:44:

In Reply to: Noise at rented home posted by Steve on September 01, 1998 at 13:17:41:

: I live next door to a house that is being rented. The guy plays his music to loud and allows his dog to bark while he is at work. I have filed a police report regarding both problems. Now the guy has confronted me and told me the noise will be getting worse. Any legal advice? I live in Michigan.

first of all you should have spoken to him before calling the police...
he is probably mad about that...but what he is doing is a nuisance...
there are private nuisances and public nuisances.this is a private nuisance that can be abated through an "injunction/restraining order" you need to send him a certified letter and ask him to please stop the noise..also try and speak with him about the situation..try speaking before the letter... if it continues I would call the police and get it on the record..also try to find out who his landlord is and speak to him about the noise...if you can't get any help you may have to go to civil court and ask a judge to put a restraining order on him...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name