Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NY ATTY GENERAL WEB ADDRESS ???

Posted by ANDREW HARRIS on September 01, 1998 at 02:03:02:

Dear Tenant Net:
You mention going to the AG web site to see roommate laws.
Could you please provide the web address. I have a roommate that I need to get out of my apt. He disturbs me and awakens me from my sleep by bringing his friends over the apt. 7 nights a week and he won't stop! The noise is not loud enough for Police action because it disturbs me only and no other tenants in bldg... I am the tenant and I want him out because
I am going to lose my job from lack of sleep. My Father told me to call the Police and have him put out in the street and change the locks just like Santa had advised. I am now afraid to do this because you said that the person could file criminal charges against me. this person is a slob and does not clean dishes and eats all my food in the fridge. He also has vomited on the floors and rugs as well as his guests from the drinking that they do every night. The apartment has a foul odor that I can't get out from the vomit and he refuses to clean it up and says he don't smell anything.
Do I really have to keep this person in here for at least 30 days because if tha's true then I will have to move to a motel for the 30 days. He will not listen to me I have spoken to him about this at least 8 times in 2 months.
I have a written lease with him for 12 months and this is the 4'th month. Do I have to keep him here for 8 more months?? If I do then I will tell the landlord that I want to move out. Please help me Tenant Net !!
thanks so much, Andrew Harris I live here in nyc .

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name