Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: bouncing rent checks

Posted by Tami on August 31, 1998 at 22:01:42:

In Reply to: Re: bouncing rent checks posted by SANTA on August 31, 1998 at 15:37:06:

I'm concerned about "Santa's" advice about late fees here. My landlord attached a rider to my lease that also allows for a late fee after the 10th of the month. I don't believe this is illegal. In fact, some people say that ten days is pretty generous from a landlord's point of view. (I don't have a landlord's point of view, obviously, but I'm trying to put this in perspective.) I'm just worried that the advice might be incorrect. I checked one of the Community Training Resource Center fact sheets (the one that pertains to rent charges), and it says this is a fuzzy area. Santa, whoever you are, I'm worried that you might be giving advice that isn't accurate and that people might be taking undue risks by following it. If I'm wrong about this issue, can you please provide statutory or other citations for where you got the information? I don't think you are a representative of TenantNet, or else I think you'd provide a more legitimate-sounding identification, but it would be helpful if readers of this site had a little info about the basis for your expertise. Also, I wish you would not type in all caps (which is comparable to screaming, on the net) or use those tons of exclamation points. It really distracts from the information. Thank you very much.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name