Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: (Partially informative)

Posted by John on August 12, 1998 at 13:35:50:

In Reply to: (Partially informative) posted by Al Gordon on August 12, 1998 at 12:07:24:

: Your question depends on your building's classification. What I can tell you is that in many instances your landlord HAS TO renew your lease if you request it. Even if he intends to sell the builing. In many cases, the landlord will have to find for you new comparable accomadations at his time and expense if he wants you to leave. You should definitely call DHCR (Department of Housing and Community Renewal) if in NY, or your State's Department of Housing and tell them your address and find out the the classification of your building (i.e. if it is rent-stabilized, etc.). Explain your situation in detail. That is your first pain-staking step in which you will be on hold for an eternity until you speak to a human.
: AUG 12, 1998.

Thanks for the info. FYI the building is a co-op and we actually are party to a sublease from the management company who works on behalf of the owner. They have given us about two months to find a new place.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name