Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: My Landlord is a judge who is breaking the law!

Posted by TenantNet on August 02, 1998 at 15:53:06:

In Reply to: My Landlord is a judge who is breaking the law! posted by Jason on July 20, 1998 at 00:46:58:

: I am seeking professional advice for my current problem with my landlord. He is a criminal court jugde in Manhattan and believes he can break the law. First he and his wife lived illegally in the basement of a two family home in which I rent one of the apartments, he repeatly turned off the heat during the winter, as well as turned off the electric without telling us to make unknow repairs. Then he has placed the house on the market for sell in which has brought prospective buyers into my apartment. This has been a major inconvience for me and my finace. Recently he has found a family that wants to buy the house and has increased in harrassing tactics towards us. I believe they want us to move out but for financial reasons I am unable. Last weekend he blocked any access to the backyard (which is the fire exit) which a make padlocks and a wooden fence. In addtion he and his wife has threatened to poison our dogs if the go into the backyard (which they never have been). I have sought some legal advice for this matter but several lawyers have told me that fighting a jugde is futile. What can I do???? Help!!!!!

Do your homework & take photos. Go to the press; they love to see
a landlord-judge.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name