Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord is witholding deposit illegally

Posted by Brooke Davis on July 16, 1998 at 00:05:16:

I was evicted from my apartment on May 10th by my former roommates. We had disagreements which do not matter to this message. I was informed in writing that they had notified the landlord of my moving out. I was locked out of my apartment and could not gain access to my things. I informed the landlord that I was not able to enter my property and asked him to remedy the situation. He never called me back and so I entered the place myself. I was trying to keep in touch with the LL but he never returned my calls. I found a new place and informed the landlord I was moving out as my roommates made the apartment a hostile living environment. I moved out on May 29th. I have been trying to contact this man in order to get my deposit back, but he hasn't responded in a timely manner. My former roommates moved out of the place on the 1st of July. They now have 1/2 of their deposit back and I have nothing. I contacted him this evening and he is still refusing to give me my deposit back as he says that there are damages to this property. He doesn't even remember my name! He had to ask my boyfriend who was on the phone with me what my name was. I just want to know what exactly I can do about this situation?? I have contacted a lawyer and do know that what I have done so far is right according to Kansas law. Help!!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name