Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Evicted for not letting landlord in!!help!!!

Posted by Al Gordon on June 23, 1998 at 17:27:18:

In Reply to: Evicted for not letting landlord in!!help!!! posted by ian wallace on June 22, 1998 at 17:07:27:

: My landlord came tomy door one morning andn sid he wanted to come in and check around my house. I said no we are sleeping and you have to give me notice. Then he said we were evicted if we didnt et him in and then he started swearing at me and saying i was hiding something. I told him to go away and after awhile he did. 2 days later he came back with a 30 day notice. Is there anything i can do about this? please help...thanks
BRIEF ANSWER BUT SEEK MORE DETAIL. In NYC your landlord is only permitted to enter your apartment without notice if there is an emergency. He can't say "I want to come in now or I will evict you because of your denial to allow me entrance without prior notice". This is HARRASSMENT BY THE LANDLORD. Call NYC Central Complaint Bureau and DHCR. Explain your situation to them immediately and get details on what you should do to deal with this problem. You will probably need to get a Complaint of Harrassment Form sent to you. (You can use an altrenate mailing address). Do this quick, don't stall. Also keep a list of everything that happens (involving your landlord) and exactly when it happened. The more detailed you are the better. The more you stall, the more you worsen your chances of succeeding. Do it first thing 9:00am. JUN 23, 1998.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name