Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

loft bed

Posted by Marcelo on June 22, 1998 at 14:35:03:

I have an apartment with a loft bed which became hazardous. The stairs were broken, with nails sticking out. I asked my landlord to remove it, as they were willing to remove it 4 years ago when I first moved in.
Now they claim that it is part of the apartment. If I remove it, they want it stored in the basement, and put back when I leave. They would not handle the removal.

I complied and took this apart, only to find out that the damned thing did not fit down the staircase to the basement. This loftbed is garbage, and I don't understand why someone would save something that has become worn and torn. The landlord told me that it was my responsibility to take care of the storage since it did not fit in the basement. This does not seem fair.

Also when you complain about water leaking out of drains, and missing handles on faucets (that is how the apartment came),what is an appropriate length of time for a response, after notifying the landlord in writing?
it has been close to 1 month, and it is like pulling teeth.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name