Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Damage done by guest

Posted by jackie on April 26, 1998 at 18:00:32:

In Reply to: Damage done by guest posted by Jackie on April 26, 1998 at 17:56:46:

: My brother in law and my husband own the duplex we live in. My husband and I are
: on the 2nd floor and my BIL rents out the 1st.
: The tenent had a guest over who went into our fusebox and pulled the main switch so we had no power.

I forgot to say in the first post that the switch broke and wouldn't come back on.

: He claimed to be looking for the switch to the dryer but didn't know which it was. Lets just say he's not an
: electriction and obviously didn't know what he was doing. besides he had no business touching anything but her dryer.
: We had to have a real electriction come out the next morning and fix it. Our total parts and labor was $130.
: Who should pay?
: Is my BIL's tenent responsible for her guest who did this not only without permission, but we didn't even
: know about it until the power went out.
: The guest refuses to pay.
: Our state is PA. what can we do?
: BTW - there was also a big blowout with the tenent as she refused to take any responsibility for it either.
: Here we are just minding our own business and bam now we're out $130? There's got to be some way of making
: irresponsible people pay.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name