Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

noise through opposing windows--help!

Posted by AGP on April 07, 1998 at 01:11:41:

I'm having a problem with a neighbor in the building behind mine. His apartment is directly opposite mine, and our windows, which run parallel to each other, are about 20 feet apart. He has no curtains, so I'm subjected to his lighting scheme (interrogation-style) 24 hours a day, and not only can I hear him blast his music or practice his guitar, which he generally chooses to do late at night, but also clatter around in the kitchen (often in the wee hours of the morning, when he seems to prefer to cook), talk on the phone, floss his teeth--it's unbearable. My problem is that I'm not the legal tenant of my apartment, so I can't go to the landlord, and the neighbor, to whom I've already fruitlessly appealed, is now quite antagonistic toward me (has taken to yelling out of his windows at me), and I don't know where to turn. I live in this vacuum where all the noise he makes (and the lightbulbs he exhausts) are sucked in through my windows--my own dwelling has become a black hole. Please, help! Does anyone have any window-to-window advice?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name