Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

urgent! roommate situation

Posted by zann on February 08, 1998 at 16:43:44:

Yes, the primary resident is fully aware of what is going on, she is out of town working on her PH>D> program out west, and she cannot afford to fly back and forth. We could not get an adjournment when she was here on break. As for the judge, she was not snorting or shootin as far as i can tell. She told me since i have been the respondent [as well as named in the papers served to us] for the past court dates concerning this apartment, that possession is 9/10ths of the law, and the primary resident has not shown up for any of the dates that... I DO HAVE RIGHTS and may proceed with the trial. The landlord's issue is they feel she has violated her tenancy rights and is living elsewhere. Allegedly someone saw her moving her possessions, which is true, she moved much of her stuff out so i could move in. She also had called the building manager before i moved in revealing her intentions of taking in a roommate for financial reasons, [he now says he will lie in court and never admit that conversation ever took place. I have a notarized letter from the postman regarding her mail status, and two other letters [one notarized] from neighbors staing they are full aware of her status w/ school and that she is not here as often but as far as they know this is her home. The university also states her permanebt residency as thsi one here in NYC. Do i have a chance? What kind of proof must they have to validate there position?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name