Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

URGENT! roommate situation

Posted by zann on February 06, 1998 at 21:39:20:

Feb 9th is my court date, i am going to trial and i need urgent info! I am the roommate, the primary tenant is out of town and has lost on default, since i have been present for the past few court dates the judge has said i am the respondent and it seems i have some rights. I have extensive exhibits validating the apartment is a SHARE [primary residents mail,voters reg, tax stuff etc etc] not a SUBLET and i plan on sticking to that story. I have requested some form of settlement from the landlords attorney and faxed a plea to the building manager, they are not interested though i said it could be a new lease w/ the 20% increase which is valid in NYC. They said,"no", so i said well i feel i have a case lets go to trial...the question is "what the hell do i say in court??" Ask them to show burden of proof? Get an order to show cause? please help and explain these terms!!! Much appreciated, BTW cannot and will not afford an attorney.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name