Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

carpet

Posted by Gene Mishkevich on January 05, 1998 at 12:14:43:

Hello. I need some advice.
I live with my girlfriend and her 4 year old kid in a Coop apartment in Brooklyn, NY. It's on Shore Road and quite expensive. We live on the 6th floor, last floor. About a month ago we got a letter that there was a number of complaints that it's too noisy where we live. The kid runs around till 9pm and then goes to sleep. We all work during the day and the child is in Day Care center. We come home at 6 and the kid goes to sleep at 9 and then we go to sleep at 10-11.
I have to mention that we just recently moved in, on october 15th, and have done a LOT of work on the apartment to make it look cozy.
The letter that we got stated that we need to put carpeting to make it quiter. But we can't do it because the child is alergic to ANY kind of carpeting. We have medical proof of that. The person who lived there before did NOT have carpeting and there was NOTHING in the lease about it.
So, we ignored the letter.
Yesterday, we got another letter that it's "still noisy" and that we should put carpeting or legal actions will be taken. What should we write to the management? We can't put it down!! The child is alergic. Plus it costs a lot of money.. Moreover, the letter said that "according to house rules, 80% of the apartment (except the kitchen) must be carpeted.. We never saw it in the lease agreement and THE GUY before didn't have carpeting!!

Please reply ASAP!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name