Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Disruptive Banging Pipes

Posted by TenantNet on December 05, 1997 at 20:08:35:

In Reply to: Disruptive Banging Pipes posted by Lori Eschmann on December 04, 1997 at 17:52:05:

: I signed a two year lease in an unregulated building (Glenwood Management) and am at my wits end because of unbearably loud banging sounds coming from my heating unit in the bedroom. I've not been able to get a full night's sleep and my patience with my super is depleted! He's changed a "Cap" and "Coil" in the unit but the noise continues. After reading Tenant.Net, I documented all that's happened and sent the letter requesting help to the Vice President of Management at Glenwood. Everything else in the apartment is fine, but continuous interrupted sleep can be physcially and psychologically debilitating. I haven't seen anything listed on banging pipes on the board....does anyone know if there is a council I can complain to that may not be intimidated by the Glenwood monolith? Are there any laws in place that would provide me with a leg to stand on?

Not an expert in this area, but try putting a piece of wood under the
radiator to lift it up (that may be a chore in itself and you may need
the super's help). The water needs to drain back out of the radiator.
When it doesn't, that can cause banging.

As for complaining, it's like any bad condition.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name