Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Heating

Posted by Tamara Daviston on December 04, 1997 at 17:09:38:

I live in a house that has a two bedroom apartment upstairs and a one bedroom apartment downstairs. There is only one furnace in the apartment and the tenants downstair will not turn the heat up. Prior to these tenants moving in, my cousin and i lived here. We would keep the heat up around 76 F. Every month (even summer) we got an excess utility bill.(We are required to pay excess utilities) Since the new couple moved in, I have not yet received an excess utility bill and they refuse to turn the heat up. I mentioned it to my Landlord several times and he hasn't done anything about it. He told me he doesn't think they can afford to pay the excess utilities; but it states it in the lease we are oblligated to pay. In my bedroom, the temparature is kept at 62 F. I have a little girl who has been sick twice and myself once. Is there anyone out there with advice for me. I pay $50.00 more a month in rent and they don't even answer the door when I ask them to turn the heat up. Does anyone have any advise or what i can do to resolve this problem. I mentioned to my landlord to put another furnace in, he says it would cost too much money. What to do?????

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name