Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

security deposit

Posted by Karen Z. on November 25, 1997 at 12:29:34:

Which is more effective in recovering a security deposit--filing a claim with small claims court or with the Attorney General's office? My former landlord refuses to return my deposit, which is one and one-half month's rent ($775!). She has suffered no damages since this was a share and my roommate's boyfriend moved in to replace me. She agreed to this replacement. In addition, She claims I broke the 1 year lease, which she gave me an oral agreement I could break in 6 months if I was uncomfortable with the apt.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name