Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

tenant rights groups in ohio

Posted by jeffrey j casher on October 10, 1997 at 12:55:33:

odd that i would be asking a new york based group about tenant's rights in ohio, but i don't know where else to turn. i cannot find any listings in my local telephone directory for tenant's groups. the information on tenant.net for ohio is sparse; the groups listed only service two or three counties in the cleveland area; i'm located in the akron,oh area. the problem i have is that my mother, a retired school teacher, has been renting an apartment for ten years from the same landlord who consistently refuses to put any money into improving the property. my mother's apartment has not been painted once in the ten years she has lived there. when my mother asked the landlord to paint the apartment, the landlord told her that she only has the apartments painted when someone moves out. this is indeed the truth; the apartment below my mom's has been painted twice in the last seven years, when the tenants moved out. what i need to know is whether my mother has any recourse in her efforts to get the landlord to paint the apartment. if you don't have specific knowledge of the laws in ohio, maybe you can provide me with a list of tenant's organizations in my area that can help me. thanks in advance for any help/information you can provide

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name