Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Lawyers for DHCR claims -- Don't use 'em!!!

Posted by gary on September 29, 1997 at 11:10:22:

In Reply to: Re: Lawyers for DHCR claims -- Don't use 'em!!! posted by Bill Rowen, Met Council on September 27, 1997 at 22:03:30:

: I agree with your assessment on the advisablility of hiring a lawyer to do a service reduction case. It doesn't pay. The only exception I can think of is when a tenant or better still a tenant association has other actions against the landlord and an attorney has already been involved in getting the tenants their services. It might, stress might, be wise to coordinate the DHCR action closely with the other actions. Please email me the name of the firm. Thanks.

In this instance, the law firm had represented other tenants in their individual cases against the landlord. However, those cases had nothing to do with the service reduction that was the subject of our DHCR complaint.

Incidentally, if we had gone out and restored the service ourselves, paying for it out of our own pockets, the cost to each of us would be less than the legal fees we paid.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name