Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Harassment, spotlights on my wall, and childish mgrs.

Posted by P. LaRue on September 25, 1997 at 02:37:23:

We got a new mgr. at our mobile home park last mo. He hired a security guard to patrol.
The s.g. runs around the park at night and shines his police-quality spotlight through the
windows of our homes. We are awakened at night by the appearance of "daylight" conditions in
our home from his light. These are not brief flashes, but extended exposures... I am afraid to
change clothes in my bedroom, use the bathroom or take a shower, because I never know when he
will be by to do this. I have daughters who seem to be targets of his spotlight too. Last night,
he woke the girls and me up with the light, and since the girls' sleep was disrupted, they were
tired and missed school.

Also, while I was at work, my kids were on our front porch after sunset. The kids' friend rode by
on his bike, and at the same time the s.g. came by. My daughter jokingly yelled at her friend something
about a "piece of schick", and the s.g. thought she was calling him a name.
The mgr. came by our place and yelled at my daughter, saying that he could evict us for that kind of
language. He came by today to talk to me, saying that what my daughter did was "verbal abuse" and that
it is illegal. I don't believe him. But I think he's going to harass us even more now that we've had
this confrontation. Personally, I find it laughable that two grown men are so affected by a phrase that
a seventeen yr. old girl used, and not even directed at either of them! It was a joke with her friend!

But where do I stand with my lease? And how can I get the spotlight off my windows?

P.LaRue

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name