Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

BLACKLISTING OF TENANTS BY LANDLORDS

Posted by N on August 30, 1997 at 13:17:36:

I guess you are too busy to answer e mail and i can understand that because you have a wonderful service and probably get 200 e mail per day! my subject is serious enough though and so i decided to post it here. i may add that i bought a computer so that i could access your web site. as tenants we face a serious crisis now, one which will surely destroy us all and that is BLACKLISTING OF TENANTS BY LANDLORDS. it seems that if you go to court or are taken to court with your landlord, for ANY REASON AT ALL ,you are forever finished from getting an apartment in NY that uses the RSA computer files. Even if you have 200 lb rats running in your apt if you sue you are finished. We need to get the aclu involved in this now. I sent 14 certified letters to an unresponsive landlord since novl996 his answer was a lawsuit!!! ITOLD HIM THAT IF THE CONDITIONS DON'T CHANGE IN MY APT THAT ONE DAY I WILL HOLD MY RENT UNTIL THEY DO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER! Well, I paid my rent until may 97 and stopped. I have the money but I want my day in court. My case comes up soon after being put off because the Judge wanted my case in 25 words or less or 5 minutes maximum time and I told the Judge I couldn"t do it. So the Judge put the case off. I have since learned about the RSA court checking system and now know thjat I committed Rent Stabilization Suicide!!! I will never get an apartment to live in! I moved in here as a co-op sublet and did so ONLY because of the strictly worded noise code here! I had to initial it six times. My story is that my neighbor makes terrible noise and wakes me up at all hours of the night. The last was in late april97 with sawing wood at 1:30am!!! I used to live in a RS building for 22 years and left after 22 years with a rent of 500 for a top floor end unit studio with terrace. Why lerave? Because the nerw landlord saw the rent role and said "I gotta get them out of here" The tenants were old and scared and just moved out after the waves of drug dealers moved in. I was the last to go. It hurt me very much. It was a quiet place and I had a lot of memories there. I have been looking for 4 years for a quiet nice apt and can't find one. I have found that the only apartments available are those that nobody wants or the tenant moved out because of a problem. Let's face it, landlords would rent out a cardboard box on 42'nd styreet if they could. And don't be fooled that if you pay big all your problems will be over. My rent is sky high and I have nothing but severe problems here. I checked out the RSA court thing with a Met Council rep who told me that she was Blacklisted. We need to fight against this because if you move you are finished as tenants. We need the ACLU on this one big time! When I go to court I will get my 15 minutes of fame as they all chop me up into fish food! I would appreciate any help on this one. Bless all of you who work at Tenant Net.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name