Posted by Carol on August 12, 1997 at 23:13:18:
I have several questions which relate to the 97 - 98 Rent Increase order.
+ My current lease expires August 31, 1997.
+ The managing agent has just (today) sent me one original and one copy
of a Lease Renewal Form dated Aug 1, 1997 with the 5% and 7% increases
already filled in.
+ He attached instructions to sign both and return the original.
+ At the top it says:
Owners and tenants should read
INSTRUCTIONS TO OWNER and INSTRUCTIONS TO TENANT
on reverse side before signing this form.
But there is nothing on the back.
+ My previous renewal states (on the back) that I should receive the
renewal form 120 to 150 days before new lease commences.
(1) Can I request a renewal beginning 120 days from August 1, 1997
and continue paying the current rent amount until then?
(2) What are the increases for 97 - 98?
(3) Need I request 2 originals? If not who should get the photocopy?
(4) Must I send my request by Certified mail?
(5) Am I in any sort of jeopardy if I don't sign a renewal by Aug 31?
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup