Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

HPD No longer at 39 Broadway

Posted by Nochum Klein on July 28, 1997 at 19:52:04:

In Reply to: Re: Tenant Property in Public Areas of Building posted by TenantNet on July 28, 1997 at 18:20:06:

Firstly, thanks for your help! I put together a letter to management, saying that there were probably other methods of removing the violation, such as enclosing the area under the staircases. For what it's worth Ipointed out that it's been going on for years with their knowledge, and that it was unreasonable to expect pregnant women to drag double strollers up four flights. I had about 25 tenants sign it, and said that if theyshould choose to confiscate our property we would replace it, deducting the costs from the following months rent. Maybe they'll think twice -- the strollers are still here :)!I went to the HPD. They have consolidated offices, and are no longer at39 Broadway. You now have to 215 West 125th St.Thanks again for your help, and for creating this great site. I wouldn'thave had the guts nor any idea of how to approach the situation if I hadn't read the material here. Keep up the good work!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name