Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Succession of Rent Stabilized Lease

Posted by TenantNet on July 24, 1997 at 17:34:24:

In Reply to: Re: Succession of Rent Stabilized Lease posted by MikeW on July 24, 1997 at 17:03:12:

: : I have been living in my uncle's apartment for 3 years. He moved out last
: : month. What should I do to change the lease to my name so I can stay?

: I don't think you've been living there long enough.
: I think you need to be living there 2 years to get succession rights

Generally two years unless the prime tenant was a senior,
But here the original poster stated he had been there three
years (more than enough time), but he lost whatever rights he
may have had thanks to Shel Silver's agreement with Pataki
where nieces and nephews are no longer eligible for
succession rights.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name