Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Help! Re: laws for fridge repair

Posted by A.R. on July 13, 1997 at 16:37:08:

I have called my landlord several times requesting refrigerator repair. First visit from the
repair company (contract w/ landlord), he replaced the thermostat despite my argument that
this wasn't the problem. The compressor was replaced the year before and was working fine as
long as the thermostat was set on the highest setting (talk about electricity bills). Now the temp.
does not go below 45 deg. forcing me to throw away food every other day. Called landlord again, and
I was told to "read a manual" on refrigerators. They sent the same repair person over who turned
off the fridge, and told me not to set the thermostat higher than "4" ("7" being the highest). I
insisted that wasn't the problem, but he refused to do anything else. I mentioned it was the landlord
stalling... no response. I refused to have a new fridge purchased last year, since my rent would
go up & requested a used replacement (of equal type). Is there anything I can do at this point?
PLEASE HELP!!! I'm tired of the delays !!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name