Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sunday NY Time Magazine Article

Posted by joseph on May 05, 1997 at 17:22:28:

In Reply to: Sunday NY Time Magazine Article posted by MikeW on May 05, 1997 at 09:48:18:

: I've been disconnected from the internet over the weekend, but was expecting some reaction to the Sunday Times Magazine piece on rent regulation. As I was reading the article, I was thinking it was the final nail in the coffin of regulation.

: It will give Bruno, Pataki, et. al. a huge amount of cover with everyone but regulated renters if they do manage to kill the regulations.

: Comments?

The article was right on the money. Even if you favor the current system, you have to concede that rent laws have had an overwhelmingly deleterious effect on the rental market. If all rent laws had been lifted in 1947, could you imagine how much heathier the rental market would be. And I'm tired of the old canard that anyone could have built apartments for the last 20 years with no regulation. That's what they said to the builders who built between 1947 and 1969. Would you open a pizza parlor if a large percentage of the legislature wanted to mandate $1.00 pizza?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name