Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: One common misconception about Rent Control

Posted by Sir Loving on May 05, 1997 at 01:46:18:

In Reply to: Re: One common misconception about Rent Control posted by Jon on May 04, 1997 at 11:14:28:

The normal 30 year mortgage on buildings built prior to 1947 was paid in full at least 20 years ago. That means that it is not even a consideration today. In spite of this, tenants are still required to pay their rent anyway. If the rents go through the roof then you can have my job cause the salary I get won't be enough to pay any new & unwarranted rent hikes. The coop has 33 units and the financials show an ever increasing bottom line...even with 9 Rent Controlled uints in the building. The building I live in has 10 apts & 4 stores and 2 apts are still Rent Controlled. In my building the apts have three bedrooms. I have a son & a daughter. I guess the State has a place for them to go when I can no longer afford to raise my family. I think it will cost the State more that they expect though cause they won't have my paycheck feeding their their offices anymore.

Sir Loving@aol.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name