Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Check out the letter I Mailed to the 62 NYS Senators.

Posted by Another opinion on April 29, 1997 at 19:48:09:

In Reply to: Re: Check out the letter I Mailed to the 62 NYS Senators. posted by TenantNet on April 29, 1997 at 11:32:07:

What amazes me about issues politics is as the issues age, the voices of reason, move on and left are the old die hard organizers who have no vision. What I suggested within my post is a different strategy, might be more effective. Clearly it was lost to you, lending your point of view as an authority under the obscurity of TenantNet.

Delude yourself that no one actually scans these letters for substance. Try to convince others that content doesn't count. Keep believing that name calling has a positive effect. Act like a machine that accomplishes little press coverage other than showing an obsession with flexing muscles in order to convince lawmakers to vote your way. Keep telling yourself that public opinion doesn't count. Continue insulting anyone who seeks identical goals but with an alternative view. Sure, this battle may be won, or parts of it, but at the risk of loosing the war?

Politics of today are different than politics of yesteryear. Old oganizing methods fall stale to newer ones. Or will you dispute this also?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name