Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Legal Help Needed - Landlord Seeking Higher Rent

Posted by joe on April 26, 1997 at 00:04:57:

In Reply to: Re: Legal Help Needed - Landlord Seeking Higher Rent posted by Mary on April 23, 1997 at 09:52:26:

: : Our landlord has decided to take 8 tenants in our building to court for
: : essentially the same complaint - he feels we are not paying enough rent for
: : our apartments in the lower east side and has petitioned the court to
: : either raise rents and/or to evict us.
: : We have limited resources and thought someone out there may have some ideas
: : on how to handle this situation. We are interested in possible paralegal
: : assistance; a tenant group that could assist us with court case or
: : even a reasonable attorney.
: Talk to someone at MFY legal services at 41 Ave. A. Their number is 475-8000. You can also get advice from Met. Council 693-0550. There's also a group called Community Action for Legal Services (431-7200).
Mary thank you for the info. I called the numbers you provided and all
led to one source MFY. MFY requires that you earn under $7000.00 a year
they will accept you as a client. The trouble is almost all the tenants
being taken to court earn above the limit. We still need some other source.
Any suggestions??

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name