Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Guess I'll be out the door...

Posted by Carla on June 16, 1997 at 16:40:06:

In Reply to: Re: Guess I'll be out the door... posted by MikeW on June 15, 1997 at 00:51:10:

: A question (a rhetorical one if you don't feel like answering it)

: Did you vote for Pataki in 1994. Since you're a rent regulated tenant I guessing the chance is about
: 1 in 5 that you did. If you voted against him, and he won, why do you think if you vote against him
: this time, he'll lose.

: This is what a large part of this whole political melodrama is about. The city voted agaist Pakaki.
: He won anyway. Now comes the retribution. He has orchastrated this whole thing (who do you think pulls
: Joe Bruno's strings.) Do you think he was so stupid that he didn't know what kind of reaction kill the
: rent laws would create in the city. This was all figured into his plan.

Ah, my dear fellow tenant, first allow me to say, I hope you are not a gambler
since the odds of your assumption were against you, and therefore stand corrected,
I did not vote for Pataki, nor will I in the future. Pataki's very little talent
does not even warrant him to fry burgers at a deli. As far as next time and with
my hopes of losing this upcoming election, I hope you are right. Pataki has been
nothing but a political joke and embarrassment to the political circus. People
true New Yorkers are no fools...Pataki's days are numbered. And this was just the
icing on the cake. In addition, as far as who pulls who's strings, you are wrong.
Remember, Senators have longer terms (look at Da'mato). If anything is left to prove,
it's Bruno pulling the Gov's strings, and the Gov naturally complying since Pataki
has much more to lose, and Senators like Bruno and De'mato can make the situation for
him do or die. Senators are in the position to offer favorable promises to campaigning
Governors to spice up the election campaigns. Scratch-my back-scratch-your-back theory.
I can admit to a degree, Pataki in little ways may have come out looking like a hero, and others
holding the smoking gun, but I have faith that the people of New York in whole have come
to know who Pataki and the rest have truly turn out to be, and who they truly represent.
I believe come November next year, many New Yorkers will have wised up, tenants and non tenants.
Many are going to state at the booths, "we've had enough, and it's time to clean house", and that
means politicians who do, and those who didn't. After all, didn't the last elections prove that
when people voted on limiting senate terms. Allelujah, it's only the beginning.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name