Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilized in coop.

Posted by Thia on June 08, 1997 at 03:37:40:

In Reply to: Rent Stabilized in coop. posted by Thia on June 08, 1997 at 03:33:23:

: I have a Rent Stabilized apt. in a coop. The Managing Agent has told the doorman that I cannot move my new roommate in on the grounds that I have changed my roommates annually. WHAT LAW (if possible, please cite and send me a copy) exists which tells me how long I must have a roommate for. I live alone and am entitled to one roommate. Further, WHAT LAW (please cite and/or send copy) restricts me or permits me to ask my roommate for rent. WHAT LAW says I have to discuss any financial arrangments I may make with a roommate, with the Landlord. My new roommate is supposed to move in on June 10. This is the second time the Agent has interfered with my right to have a roommate. How can I get my roommate moved in without creating a disturbance. My last roommate lasted 1 yr. 4 months. The Managing Agent claims in a letter that my roommates are "transient borders" (I think he means boarders). CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A COPY OF THE "1993 ROOMMATE LAW". I am sick to my stomach with this situation..I feel harassed. Someone please help me.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name