Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: sublet or share

Posted by LeAnn on May 25, 1997 at 10:53:21:

In Reply to: sublet or share posted by Chris on May 14, 1997 at 22:06:50:

: I've signed a lease for a rental house. I want to rent a bedroom
: to another person. Where can I get a legal document that I can
: use with this other person, essentially a "lease" between me and
: the other renter.

: Thanks in advance!

:Chris, try the 'Lectric Law Library at --
then go to their "Reference Room," choose the "Real Property"
Topic Area, and scroll down to the end where they have "Related Forms."
There are a couple of things you could modify. Here's a piece of advice,
'tho, from someone who's learned the hard way: First, find a lawyer friend
who KNOWS about real property laws in your area and make sure they look it
over before you and your roommate sign it. Second, DO A CREDIT CHECK. It's
worth the $40 or so dollars to know what you're getting into. AOL has
a home channel that should give you directions on how to contact the
credit companies. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name