Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Overcharge procedure?

Posted by Drew on March 01, 1997 at 17:20:57:

I called the DHCR regarding the rent of my apartment and was told that
I may have 'found a rat' regarding the increase between tenants, etc.
They sent me a form (Tenant's complaint of rent... Form RA-89).

I want to do things perfectly to avoid any problems in the procedure.
What is the procedure? Do I need to address this with my landlord
before sending in the form? If so, is there a standard letter to write
to the landlord/owner??

Is there a documented procedure that must be followed?

Any info would help...

Thanks in advance,

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name