Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re-assigning a lease

Posted by Khaas on February 13, 1997 at 12:25:01:

I let my landlord know that I would be vacating my apartment prior to the end of the lease because I am getting married and moving in with my fiancee. I told him that I had someone to take over my lease. He informed me that he does not work this way in finding new tenants, but just call him at the end of the month to remind him of my departure and let him know of my definite move out date. I gave him 2 weeks notice before vacating and left with 18 days remaining in the month to find someone else. He sent me sublet forms in the mail yesterday and told me that I am now responsible for finding someone to sublet. Is there any law that says anything about reassigning a lease to someone, or a lease being void after 30 days if the landlord does not give cause as to why the lease cannot be reassigned. I am not currently living in the apartment and it could be rented. Does anybody know anything about reassigning a lease?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name