Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Summary of Rent Stab. Future in NYC? Req. for Articles

Posted by Dottie on January 11, 1997 at 09:07:13:

In Reply to: Summary of Rent Stab. Future in NYC? Req. for Articles posted by George on January 09, 1997 at 11:20:41:

: Many of my neighbors in our Upper West Side building are concerned yet : relatively uninformed about the proposed changes to the current rent : stabiliztion structure. Can anyone suggest a simple yet comprehensive : article which I can distribute to inform, and involve them in the process?: Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks. --GeorgeI hope I'm not sending this twice but, here's some info. I suggest you call MetCouncil at 693-0550 or 0553. They have an excellent newsletter and flyers you can copy for your building.You might also want to know about a coalition of tenants groups that is sponsoring Showdown 97 with meetings and activites planned. Next two are January 15 -NY Sheraton,7th Ave.and 53rd from 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. to protest Pataki at a breakfast sponsored by Crain's Business and a genenral meeting of the coaltion of UAW Local 2320,71 5th Ave,15th St,6th Floor at 6 p.m.Call Met Council to get details. I'm not sure if the general meeting is open to everyone.I'll post activities as they come up, on this message board. I truly believe in unity there's strength and Bruno's inflammatory statement has started to galvanize the tenants movement.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name