Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How make rent laws campaign issue in November?

Posted by Dottie on October 09, 1996 at 12:49:21:

In Reply to: Re: How make rent laws campaign issue in November? posted by Roy Hendrickson on October 09, 1996 at 02:23:06:

: : Any ideas on how we can reach NYC tenants via the internet in stabilized/controlled apartments to urge them, and everyone else, to vote only for candidates backing maintaining rent laws? I try to confront candidates in person when possible or in writing about where they stand. More ideas?Dottie : I am interested in this one.: What are your ideas?I'm writing candidates who don't mention maintaining rent laws in their campaign literature and telling them it's a major issue.I also write to local papers like Our Town.I belong to all three NYC tenant groups and am talking with them also on how we can do this.You can get addresses of elected officials from these groups. Email me if you need phone numbers of the organizations. My bigger question is how we can organize everyone who is on the internet and is in a rent-controlled/stabilzed apartment to fight the landlords???Are there mailing lists that are appropriate? I'm new on the Internet so I'm looking for ways we can utilize it for this purpose. Many of us here in NYC would also like to see a march of tenants on city hall, but first people have to be made aware of the real dangers lurking around the corner in 1997. Many of my friends still tell me not to worry because it will never happen that the laws will be abolished. They're not scared enough yet!So, all you folks on Tenant Net, what can we start and how???Dottie B. NYC would also like to see a big march by tenants on City Hall.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name