Posted by Barbara Murdock on October 03, 1996 at 22:59:51:
We have been living in house my mother ownes for 15 years.
all this time we were paying rent. My sister decided to buy
my mothers second home, when the deal went sour due to our
third sister and our mothers health worsening. the third sister
took over the deal and wanted more money for the house. the
house was appraised at 246,000 and she wanted 300,000.
I suggested a second appraisel and thats when my sister
decided to get us out of this house. January 96 my husband
had been off work for 5 years and had 4 back surgeries and
had not been released from workers comp. My mother suggested
we not pay her rent until we were back on our feet. Now we
are forced to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy. And they decide
to give us a 3 day or quit notice. And threaten eviction.
The agreement was for as long as needed, and why get it in
writing is was my mother after all. If we move the house is
uninhabbitable due to we have lived without heat and insufficiant
hot water, and leaky windows. Is the verbal agreement binding.
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup