Posted by M. Jaegerman on May 22, 1996 at 22:58:33:
Has anyone had experience with a landlord in small claims court (or otherwise) on any aspect of the following:
1. Failure to comply with tenant's request for security deposit info (balance with interest, bank name);
2. Failure to place security deposit in separate account (building has more than six units);
3. Fraudulent claim of damage to apartment by tenant, including misrepresentation of condition at move-in and move-out;
4. Retaliation against tenant for seeking to protect rights under law and lease;
5. Fraudulent use of NYC courts to retaliate, harass and/or profit from tenant;
6. Tenant's rights to attorney's fees in defense against these actions by landlord.
I would appreciate hearing how you handled any or all of these, or whether you know of specific decisions one way or the other.
I am about to appear in court to defend against these and other issues, all concerning landlord's false claims.
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup