Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Anyone have problems with Rose Associates (landlord NYC)

Posted by A Happy Rose Tenant on September 10, 1996 at 11:37:10:

In Reply to: Anyone have problems with Rose Associates (landlord NYC) posted by Mike Wodkowski on July 10, 1996 at 12:07:46:

: I just moved into 505 Court Street in Brooklyn, and I have a really : bad feeling that I may have made a mistake. I just want to be prepared for whatever may come. Sorry about your feeling. I too would be interested in what caused it, though. Rose Associates is one of the largest and most reputable management firms in the New York area. They have been around for probably 75 years or so, and are very well known as builders, developers, managers and consultants. While they built lots of middle class buildings up through the 1960's, most of their residential stuff since then has been higher end. As a matter of fact, during the boom of the early 80's I think that they were the largest single developer of new condominiums in the city (the Bay Club in Queens, and fancy jobs in Manhattan including the Sheffield and Colonade, Madison Green, and others.) As builder-owners, they have historically managed their own properties under the name Dwelling Managers, and have developed one of the best reputations in the city. Recently, though, I've noticed that they have stopped using that name, and gone back to the corporate parent name. The bottom line is that, while I don't know of any landlords who are ready for canonization yet, and while all these guys are in business to make money, Rose Associates is just about as good as they come in the New York real estate market. If you think you have a problem, you might want to give them a call and talk about it...they'll probably listen.-A Relatively Happy Rose Rental Tenant in A Co-op Building

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name