Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Flooding room

Posted by TenantNet on September 01, 1996 at 11:57:17:

In Reply to: Re: Flooding room posted by Cary Kletter on September 01, 1996 at 10:39:33:

: The first questions that come to mind in this situation are: A) Where is the apartment ? B) How much is the rent ? and C) What is the total value of your personal property loss, if any ?
: If the total monetary amount (rent and property loss) is less than three thousand dollars, and the apartment is in New York State, then small claims court would likely be the best route. If the monetary amount is between three thousnad and twenty five thousand dollars, then the best court to sue your landlord in would be the Civil Court (in New York City only). It would be very important to save any and all documentation regarding communications to your landlord about the flooding. Pictures would also be helpful if you have any. I recommend talking to a landlord/tenant lawyer. I am a lawyer and I represent tenants exclusively and only with regard to New York City apartments. If you wish to speak further about this, please call me at (212) 349-3000. (Himmelstein, McConnell and Gribben)

I thank Cary for his observations. The firms he is associated with is one we have worked with and one of several to whom we refer tenants. It should be remembered that his observations do not constitute "legal advice" and do not establish a lawyer-client relationship.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name