Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can My landlord sell my home?

Posted by Angelina Nagy on June 24, 1996 at 15:25:34:

I just moved into an new house on June 1, 1996. The landlord said that the tenants before me weren't the greatest and only wanted a 1 month lease (month by month). assuring them that My husband and I would be there for a while , I didn't not give it a second thought. There was much work to be done in the house such as a neew front door, fencing in the yard, major landscaping (tree pruning), replacing broken panes of glass, adn many other miscellaneous repairs. My husband is a sheetrocker and knows people in the related fields of work that would give us a better price. We would do the work and deduct it from the rent. Not less than a month goes by and a real estate agent shows up at my front door, wanting to show the house. I was floored. These people let us do all the work under the supposition that it was to better our living conditions, meanwhile they're going to give it to someone else. we were not told that the house was on the market. We were not informed that a real estate agent would want to enter our home to show the house, having his own key no less !. What can I do. When we moved in they had wanted 2 mo security. we gave them one motnh's and agreed to pay double rent again on July 1. However at this pint I feel jilted and think that two months security is excessive for such a tenntative agreement.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name