Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Getting billed for plumbing repair?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by BB on March 01, 2002 at 10:06:41:

In Reply to: Re: Getting billed for plumbing repair?!?!?!?!?! posted by Kara on February 28, 2002 at 23:44:21:

In my logic, that may put you in an even better position, as they did not hire an outside plumber to do the work- which means they probably don't have an itemized bill. The maintenance guys are on staff/salary to deal with problems in the building. Mgmt. is probably trying to charge you for the replacement of any parts. I'd give mgmt. a call (act as sweet as pie) and find out exactly how they came up with $270. Take note of who you spoke to time, date etc...Don't let on that you are challenging the bill, but DO NOT agree to pay it either. Hopefully when you speak to Mgmt. they will say it was a mistake.
Best of Luck!

: We never saw an itemized plumbing bill. It was just $270-plumbing on the rental bill. It wasn't actual plumbers who fixed it, just the live in maintence people that live in the complex. Just thought i'd mention that. I'm still hopingthis was a mistake!

:
: : Hi,
: : I live in the suburbs of Albany, NY in a complex that is about 30-35 years old w/about 400 apartments, not rent stabalizied or anything. It's a one bedroom apartment and it's on a man made lake.
: : My question is:
: : We were staying at a relatives house 2 weeks ago. My fiancee came over to our apartment on 2/16 (Saturday night) to pick up some clothing items. He noticed there was human feces all over the bathroom floor, all filled up in the toilet and overflowing out of the toilet. We called the maintenence guys they came to fix it. They didn't come back in for 2 more days to even clean the mess.

: : Fast forward to today: I opened my rent bill, there is a $270 plumbing repair bill!!!!!!!!!! What the #$%^???? Do I have to pay this? It's possible that this is a mistake, but i'd like to know what my rights are before I even bring it to managements attention.We'd had problems w/the toilet making gurgling sounds (like air bubbles coming up) in the past and the bathtub not draining.

: : We have a one year lease that is up in August...

: :
: : Thanks in advance!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name