Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Be careful...

Posted by Red Zephyr on February 23, 2002 at 18:33:52:

In Reply to: Re: Be careful... posted by Angela on February 22, 2002 at 12:23:18:

Rent stabilized tenants cannot charge you more than your proportionate share of the apartment's rent. The simplest way to deal with this would be to contact the buildings owner or manager (name should be listed by the entrance). Inform him that one of his tenants is illegally rent gouging and profiteering. Let him commence action against them. Then, inform the DHCR as well.

Of course all the while you do this you should be looking for another place to live.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name