Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Question on Rent and Rental Rights

Posted by Aaron Shadford on February 23, 2002 at 12:25:24:

Hi,
I have been rented a loud squeeker in sheeps wool. The floors squeek something awful everywhere I step even some on the first floor of this condo. The noise is so annyoing we wake up at night just if one of us goes to the bathroom. I told the Realtor and the LL will not fix it saying it never bothered her. What can I do? Certainly not fix it myself or hire someone else to because I am already paying top dollar for this unsatisfying living environment. It is hard to call this place home.

On another note I have never received a signed lease by all parties. Also, The Realtors I am forced to deal with are very dishonest and Unproffesional. They lied to me and I have to give them all my money??
I even received a nasty later and a phone call saying I'm in trouble if I break the lease. I live in Virginia. If the area for sublet and assignment is left blank can I assign this place to someone and get rid of it. I probably never will and they'll never agree because the Realtors are mean and the LL is a cheap skate.

Also, there is a water spot from a leaking roof which I informed the Realtor of over a month ago? They will not fix it and the water leak is getting worse. Can this be grounds for Termination?

One more thing if you don't mind. There is a gas fireplace here which does not work. In order for it to work I have to spend 200 dollars to get the tank filled and a tech. to come up and start it. I cannot afford this. Would it be possible to get a rent reduction since part of the reason I rented this place is to use the fireplace. I was never told it needed gas prior to moving in.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you and I warn all tenants...Don't judge a home/townhouse/condo/or apartment by it's three minute walk through and don't judge a realtor by there fake personna they will give you in the beginning. THey could rip you off as I have been ripped off.

Thanks your friend from VA,
Aaron

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name