Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LL refuses to return security deposit:

Posted by Mary J. Duffy on February 22, 2002 at 10:33:10:

I lived in Sheepshead Bay for 5 yrs. The apartment is rent stablized. The LL said that she didn't have a deposit from previous LL. Then she said that I maynot be current with my rent. She wants copies of all checks since beginning of first lease. Then I went to the State Attorney General. To no avail they did nothing. I am now in small claims court. I have my receipts for the deposit and the copies of checks for the last year that I lived there. I have never received any interest since day one. I don't understand why I have to go crazy to get it returned to me. They are stalling by postponing the court date from 12-17-01 to 3-4-02. I am now out of work due to 911. It has been 6 months. I can't aford a lawyer. I also heard that even if I win the case( which I will) that they still can not pay me. I'll have to hire a marshall for $250.00 a day to collect it. I have called the TV stations problem solvers but they haven't returned my messages. Why is there even a deposit if they can keep it. It was $1600.00 5yrs, ago. They have not complained of any damages. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need HELP
midge727@optimum.nt

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name